Michael Palin once said, ‘Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life’. And that is The Bookling’s Crate’s theme for May- ‘Travel the World’. The Bookling’s Crate is a monthly book subscription box based in India. They deliver a paperback book along with some quirky book related items every month. Each month their curator picks out a newly released young-adult book based on popularity and readers review. They have two subscription plans- Pocket friendly and Half ticket. Check out their website for more details.
I won their May box in an Instagram giveaway. Theme of the month was Travel the World. Following are the products included in the box:
- First thing inside the box is a card with cute print related to the theme ‘Travel the World’. It mentions all the contents inside the box. There is another art card related to the theme designed by cartoon artist Amol. Quality of both the cards are brilliant. Card paper is thick with glossy finish and lively print. Both the cards adorn my bookshelf now.
- Next we have four stickers related to traveling. Quality of paper is good. Print quality is not as good as cards but still nice. If you are a bookstagrammer these will be useful for taking bookish pictures. I have clicked quite a few pictures with these stickers. Check them out on my Instagram page.
- Next item is a personalized luggage tag which comes with a plastic strap. My name is printed on it. I love Bookling’s Crate for getting my name correct. I have an unusual name. So whenever I order a personalized item, most of times there is spelling mistake which ruins the experience for me. But I loved this tag to bits. Dying to take it with me on my next trip.
- They have included a compass in this month’s box. This is my second favorite item in the box. Ever since I got it, I have been trying to find innovative ways to flaunt it. I have clicked few pictures for Instagram with it.
- Next is a felt-popsicle heart shaped bookmark. It is my least favorite item among all. I love DIY bookmarks but this one is not up to the mark. If you look at the picture, you can see that the edges of the bookmark are uneven. Also I didn’t like the color combination.
- It is always lovely to get a packet of tea or coffee in a subscription box. This month Bookling’s crate has included a packet of coffee powder from Beanstalk & Leaves. I am a tea lover essentially. It is my fuel. But once in a while I like to have a hot cup of coffee. So I was happy to get this packet.
- Next thing is my favorite item in the box. It is a travel tote with a beautiful print which says ‘Let the adventure begin’. I love that it is in black color. Almost all bookish totes are in white color. The size is perfect (I hate oversize bags). Put your book or tablet inside along with few other items and you are good to go.
- Last thing inside is off-course the book. For the month of May they selected newly released paperback copy of Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith. It is a contemporary young-adult romance fiction. This book is much talked about in the bookish circles. Almost all well-known booktubers talked about it in their reviews and book discussions. It was May Booksplosion book of the month on booktube. I have read the book and review will be up soon on this blog. I have included the synopsis.
Synopsis: Alice doesn’t believe in luck or love. On the eighteenth birthday of her friend, Teddy, she buys him a lottery ticket and he wins $140 million, and in an instant, everything changes. They negotiate the ripple effects of Teddy’s newfound wealth and a gulf opens between them. Soon, the money starts to feel like more of a curse than a windfall. As they try to find their way back to each other, Alice learns more about herself than she ever could have imagined and about the unexpected ways in which luck and love sometimes intersect.
So these are all the contents inside the box. If you want to place an order, go to their website or DM them on Instagram. Also, I want to mention that it is not a sponsored post. This is my first bookish box and I wanted to share it with you all.
Hope you liked this post. Let me know in the comments section which are some of your favorite bookish subscription boxes? If you have any suggestions feel free to share them.
Until the next post, bye!